The purpose of a Medical Travel Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) is to allow for reimbursement of medical travel expenses related to travel for seeking care outside of your place of residence. Typically, these arrangements have a minimum travel distance of at least 50 miles, but please review your employer's Plan Document in order to confirm the restrictions of your plan.
If you qualify for a Medical Travel HRA offered by your employer, you have the ability to be reimbursed for travel and lodging expenses as related to medical travel unavailable in your area. The HRA is a notional account. This mean that, while an accounting of your balance is kept, there are no actual deposits made to an actual account on your behalf. Funds are not set up in trust and there is no separate fund from which benefits are paid.
The HRA Plan will reimburse you for eligible expenses to the extent that you have a positive balance in your HRA account.
Filing Medical Travel HRA Claims
To utilize the Medical Travel HRA, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the opt-in form.
- Once eligibility is confirmed (typically 3-4 business days), you will receive a Vita Flex welcome email. Please follow the instructions within that email to register your online account in the Vita Flex Consumer Portal at www.vitaflex.net.
- Once logged into your online account, enter your direct deposit details by clicking on your name at the top of the page, then Banking/Cards. Click on Add Bank Account and follow the prompts. All reimbursements are made via direct deposit to your bank account, so it is critical that you enter your bank account information.
- Once your account information is entered, you can file a claim in the Consumer Portal.
- On the home page, select the blue File a Claim button. This is found under the "I want to …" section.
- Next, choose the Medical option.
- Complete all required fields, including all supporting documentation for your claim. To ensure ease of claim processing, please review our detailed Documentation Requirements.